Friday 6 April 2012

Two Giggling Girls, Yet Another Sleepover!

Last night Lily was invited to her very first slumber party away from home - and her first night away from us  that wasn't staying with family.

It was with her little friend Maddy who currently lives in Sydney with her wonderful Mummy, Kate, who just happens to be a very dear friend of mine - we met in our Pre-Natal group at the Birth Centre when pregnant the first time around. Side note: Isn't it great when you get to force encourage friendships between you and your friend's kids?? Ever so convenient and delightful as it gives you an extra excuse to get together with your besties - 'Oh we simply must get the children together for a playdate' when what you really mean is - 'let them run around while we sit with a cuppa and natter away furiously!'  Hmmm, would be great if it stayed this way and I always got to arrange my children's friends!! Thankful that all my friends have lovely children and my kids love them all!

I wasn't sure how Lily would go as she only sees Maddy every few months when they visit Canberra, but as soon as I mentioned sleepover, she was THERE! Not nervous at all. Well, we all know how my girl L.O.V.E.S sleep overs! The farewell was a non-event, Lily immediately immersed in  a whirl of giggles with Maddy at her grandparent's house. She hardly noticed my wistful gaze as I left... I wondered how things would go at bed time, if she would get distressed or something, and half expected a call. None came!  Who is this independent little soul?  What happened to my baby?!!

I turned up at 9am the next morning. Lily was sitting up merrily munching on almond-meal pancakes and looking as happy as a clam! 'Mummy!!' she shrieked, though not to fling herself into my arms. No, she wanted to gleefully report on all the wonderful things she had been doing - finger and toe nail painting, a bubble bath, making rings for their fingers from flowers and elastic, and dancing. Yeah, pretty much her best night ever!!! Kate had put together such a sweet and special evening for the girls, it was so kind of her. The girls got to sleep together snuggled into a big double bed.... wayyyyyy too cute! Kate said they went to bed around 7.45pm, cosied up reading books together (adorable). The giggles (and various requests for assistance) finally petered out around 9.30pm (pretty respectable, all things considered, I thought!).... until they woke up at 5.30am!!!! In all fairness, they were woken by Maddy's baby sister, but once they were woken, that was it - party time all over again!



Two little angels!



Cosied up and laughing


I was so happy my little lady had a wonderful adventure and enjoyed such a big milestone of a slumber party away from home. Feeling just a touch dazed and amazed that she was just so confident and assured to do it without skipping a beat! This kid is such a social butterfly!! I mean, I really have no idea where she gets that from. (Anyone who knows me 'in real life' will realise the ironic tone of the last statement!).

Once home, knowing she must be exhausted, I suggested some chill out time watching Playschool. I wandered into the room after ten minutes to discover her like so....




Yup, baby girl was wiped out from all the fun.... looks like she partied hard last night, indeed!!!! Sooooo hilarious, she just never sleeps anywhere except her bed, I was so shocked!





 Sweet girl, I marvel at the ever-more confident little lady you are becoming. Although my heart catches in my throat, I cheer you on as you take baby steps into the world, making connections and friends. I am glad you can venture out and have fun, but I'm grateful you still come home to me! Oh, how I want to soak up these beautiful days and precious moments of knowing you. Love you in spades xx





8 comments:

  1. Can't wait till Arddun is old enough to have sleepovers at your place. Hee hee heeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh we would love that!! Lily would be over the moon. Just hopefully no 5.30am wake ups :)

      Delete
  2. That is so gorgeous. They must have been up all night sharing girly secrets and giggling. Cutie pies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet. It is so good that she enjoyed her first sleepover. Passing out on the couch when she got home is just too funny - that is a big night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, she must have been exhausted after all that fun. Love the photo of her sleeping on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Melissa - yes she was on fun overload, i think!!! btw, i try to click through to your blog but for some reason it wont let me - it sorta bounces back from the page when i click through. Is it private?

      Delete
  5. Am I mean for banning my kids from having sleep overs? They have sleep over with one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are the Mum so its your call! do you have a reason for not wanting them to have sleepovers? Anyway sibling sleepovers are still fun!

      Delete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx