Sunday 17 August 2014

33/52 - visitors + visiting


Lily

She wrote her first 'book'. Something tells me it will be the first of many!

I overheard painstaking 'sounding-out' and discovered her at her desk after school, earnestly writing out four one-page 'Lego Storrees'.

Needless to say, they were the most beautiful stories I ever read. Sure, I loved War and Peace but nothing ever moved my heart like Lego Storrees ;) Pretty darn amazing to see words, ideas and story lines emerge from this little person o' mine. I am yet to tire of it, I am admittedly enchanted by every word this little creature writes. Gimme more, more, more, I say :) I can't help it - seeing my baby write just sort of leaves me in awe?? 

My blossoming little novelist... 






Eli


'Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis??'


This boy. He has more character than one little body can contain. 

I can't stop laughing!!

PS Our lovely visiting friends kept commenting on how thoughtful Eli is and it's just so true. I kept being struck this week of how often he is thinking of others, looking out for others and wanting to help (especially his baby brother). Such a dear hearted little person :)






Miles


The only thing better than one Baby Miles is four of them, right???

Well, my sister has triplets and I guess this is what it would look like if I had quads??? ;)

Miles is pretty enchanted with 'more' of himself too!



PS This little dude started walking this week (at last, at last!). So pleased for him (and for my back, haha)




Mark


Post-work chill out, watching YouTube videos on the bed for five minutes with his little sidekick. They are watching a clip of Fats Domino in concert. I walked in to hear Eli ask 'Was Nana there too?'






Project 52: A portrait of my family, once a week, every week, in 2014.






More highlights from the week that was....


It was a week in repeat but reverse! After Mark going away to Melbourne, then the Brizuela clan and then my Dad coming to stay with us... they all cycled through again, with Mark home again, then my Dad coming back for a few days on his drive home from Melbourne, then the Documenting Delight crew coming to stay for a few more nights too! Even better this time around, with Mark here to enjoy the company too, we had such a blast together :) Lovely friends, lovely adventures...


I just love these images of Grandpa with his two oldest grandkids :)


Another early morning Lego session with Priya and Theo. These four spent so much time happily and quietly digging through the Lego, making creations in collaboration.

We enjoyed a super fun huge day at Questacon with the Brizuelas. We got
to bring sweet Harper along with us and she was the perfect little Questacon
guide :) Here she and Eli are making the smoke appear!


The babies had so much fun in the water play at Mini Q!
Awwww, Florin, why you gotta be sooooo cute?! Seriously delicious baby!!!
You didn't see me slurping the water, did you??

The confusion and awe on his face when he spotted his reflections was something to behold - just hilarious!!

Harper, Priya and Lily (released from school early!) working together on the ball run.

We couldn't resist visiting the Pod playground at the Arboretum, even after our humongous day at Questacon!
The boys were loving singing down this pipe and hearing the sound coming out of the horn on the right.



Baby boy sings the blues...




With that funny, beautiful little face, I shall wrap it up!!



After the playground we headed into the Arboretum forests for a little play and photo shoot, but if I try to include those here too, this post will take a month of Sundays to scroll through! I will post it separately. I got soooo many shots as I trailed around after Georgia, getting inspiration and tips from her incredible photography talents and general loveliness. Such fun adventures we had with our lil' twin family! xx



...coming soon/ish! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx