Thursday 23 June 2016

miles {three}



When our baby boy turned three (back in January... oops) it was a big step for our whole family... firmly out of the toddler years and into a new season of family life. Such a big boy now!

I love to watch my little ray of sunshine grow and grow.... keep smiling, sweet son xx






This is his 'If I furrow my brows and look distressed, will you give me
what I want?' look. It's familiar ;)


Miles, at three, you are your own little man. We often joke 'It's his world, and we are just living in it!'. You are supremely independent, always on the go and always busy with your own little plan and ideas. You entertain yourself so well and love best of all just chilling with your family. You are incredibly charming, funny, sweet and affectionate. You know how to pull heart strings like no one else, Mr Charisma! You also know how to pull a smile with your cheeky ways!!! You are such a happy and joy-filled boy, full of affection and sunshine - with the occasional stormy cloud, we must admit ;) You adore your big siblings but also know how to hold your own ground with them. You have the strongest will of the three (lucky we have already had some practise, heehee) and I know that your passion and self-determination will serve you well in life, if you keep your focus on worthy goals. 

You are my beautiful baby boy and I just adore you to pieces! Our quiet days together this year, just you and me, have been dreamy and delightful and stored in my heart as a most precious season. I love to watch you grow, dearest sMiles xx





Likes 

Lego, colouring, cars, trucks, diggers etc, porridge with blueberries, 'fixing' anything with tools, 'working' on anything, 'helping' always! Cuddles and kisses and being super affectionate! 

He says he likes...Christmas

Dislikes

Loud noises (vacuum cleaner, hand dryers, hair clippers). 

He says he doesn't like...Screaming (I sense an auditory theme!)


Contemplating what it means to be three...





The birthday celebrations...


In our family, the birthday person gets to choose their own cake... whatever they like. Except when you turn three. Then you have a jelly cake. Because Mummy found a photo of herself having a jelly pond cake when she turned three... and 3 year olds being fairly suggestive, was able to get all three of her kiddos to choose the same for their third, haha!! Well, Miles also wanted a gorilla cake, so I made it happen?! 
For the boy who has everything (thanks to older siblings)... a bug catcher kit and his very own flashlight. He was thrilled!!
Inspecting the Daddy Long Legs spider. He has been quite scared of them so hoped this would help calm his nerves... it did!
Bad photo but shining the light into the jelly cake was a huge hit!

A family fun activity for the birthday boy... bowling! First time for the clan, we had a blast x
Getting a little assistance...

Serious business.
Her 'quietly proud for getting a strike' face.





The Annual Interview...(his first year doing one!)



What are you going to be when you grow up?
I wanna be taller.

What’s that going to be like?
I'll be Dad!

What are your favourite toys?
The tractor and the helicopter

Who are your best friends?
Lawson and Blake

What makes you happy?
Playing, I like to race with Lawson

What makes you sad?
When I hurt myself, that feel me sad.

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Water

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Have a wrestle

What do you like to do with Mummy?
Have a snuggle

What do you like to do with Lily?
Have a race, play Mummies and Daddies and I'm the baby

What do you like to do with Eli?
Jumping on the trampoline together

What’s your favourite colour?
Blue, green, purple

What’s your favourite book?
The giraffe book (Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andrea)

Whats your fave show?
Octonauts and Peter Rabbit

What does Daddy do during the day?
Drawing with me, he's like a worker at work and he likes to work with me, fixing.

What does Mummy do during the day?
Have a snuggle (like this!). Have a play with me.

What do you do during the day?
Play with the toys (helicopter and tractor), read a book quietly

It's good to be three because.....
Because I love to!!





Collage.

Oh, how he grows! And oh, the places he'll go....









No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx