Wednesday 15 March 2017

8.52 {what scares you} tired goggly eyes


A tuckered out little boy, eyes ringed by goggle marks, taking a little poolside power-nap xx





Soon, all smiles again, my little sunshiney son....


We have just returned from a two week road trip up and down the East Coast of Australia. We swam, swam, swam, like never before! For most of the trip, I either could not be bothered to pull out the 'big camera' (so slack!) and then when I did found it wasn't working as I had killed the battery. I revived it just in time to take a couple of shots so here they are. When I get my act together, I might try to put all my phone photos into one big blog post just to commemorate the trip as it really was something special.... we visited SO many places and saw SO many lovely friends. It was a really special trip, filled with adventure and memory making and sunshine!

This week's photo theme was 'what scares you'. Well, it was something that scared not me but my darling middle man, which was swimming. Ok, not a huge fear but he just wasn't yet super confident in the water. We made it a little challenge over our two week trip up to Queensland to try and swim every day.... and we did, and then some! The kids swam every day and often two or three times in a day! From hotel pools to my Dad's pool to the beach to the river... they swam and swam and swam. And this kid, this beautiful boy, went from a fairly tentative swimmer to swimming three laps of the pool in one go, diving, jumping and just going for gold. It was amazing to watch, I was so proud to see him flourish with confidence :) 

One morning at my Dad's pool, the kids decided to make a world record of spending the longest time in a pool (ha!). Three hours later, Lily was asking me to call the government and inform them of their progress and Eli was asking if they could sleep IN the pool overnight so they could keep going. When I let him know that would not be an option he eventually dragged himself out to have a little power nap poolside. Then jumped back in for another hour or two!

{Project 52: A portrait of my family, once a week, every week, in 2017)


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx