Friday 11 August 2017

eli // seven




Seven years old, my dear boy.


Our little rocket, we do love you. You have flourished this year and matured so much. You love riding your huge mountain bike like a speed-demon with Dad, reading like crazy (ahem, Captain Underpants are the distinguished novels that really got you rolling, lol), and obsessed with gems and crystals and rocks (and trying to find them). So grown up but you still love snuggles with your Mum (phew!). 

You have overcome challenges, you have persevered through so much, and always, always, always with that cheerful, unflaggingly gracious spirit. You are always thinking of others. Always ready to help cheerfully, unprompted you often go out of your way to do a kindness for someone in your family, and rush to help anyone in need. You sacrifice immediately without second thought, always so generous and so happy to share. You amaze and inspire me, my boy! You are brave and kind and so tender-hearted. You are so sincerely sweet it makes me cry. You are also so genuine and honest, I just love your pure spirit, and the deep thought processes that you share with me. Big spiritual questions, thoughtful musings about how the world works, your busy mind is always working. You are also wild and loud and silly and funny and challenging and you never.stop.moving!

All these things are what make you YOU. The boy that God gave us. The boy that we adore - just as you are. 






Happy 7th Birthday, Tiger. Can't wait to see you continue to grow and shine xx 













The Annual Interview with Eli...

What are you going to be when you grow up?
An archaeologist. I mean a geologist. 

What’s that going to be like?
So, you dig for stuff in the ground and I want to dig for crystals and gems. 

What are your favourite toys?
My crystal collection but they are not a toy.

Who are your best friends?
Oh that's a bit hard. Are you allowed to write down God?? Ok, God, Mummy and Daddy. Actually I love everyone in the world. 

What makes you happy?
When you and Daddy take me to restaurants and give me special stuff and give me presents on my birthday. 

What makes you sad?
When someone punches me or hurts me. 

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
Digging for crystals and gems and rocks. 

What do you like to do with Daddy?
I like when he beats me up with wrestles. and when he gives me presents on my birthday and Christmas and he gets really excited and says 'MY BOY!'

What do you like to do with Mummy?
I love when you help me do my crystals and digging for gems. And snuggles in the morning.

What do you like to do with Lily?
Lots of stuff. I like playing games with her and walking her to her class at school.

What do you like to do with Miles?
I love playing poison bal and when he gave me his camera and playing Lego! 

What’s your favourite colour?
Every colour and most of all Blue and green

What’s your favourite book?
The Jungle Book

What does Daddy do during the day?
He sometimes does cleaning. and he doesn't have computer time in the day so he has it at night and sometimes he makes dinner or goes to work. 

What does Mummy do during the day? 
Oh Mum. Sometimes working and sometimes making dinner for us and cleaning and sometimes you take me to restaurants. 

What do you do during the day?
That's really hard! I get ready for school and then I go to school and then I have afternoon tea and then I play outside and then I watch some TV and then I have dinner and that's what I do for the day! 

It's good to be seven because.....
Because I'm nearly really old and I'll get to be a grown up and you get to do lots of special stuff when you are a grown up like have fun with your kids and give them wrestles just like my dad and mum. 





The Birthday Collage...


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx